I finally got Robert pinned down to work on our family mission statement. He wasn’t super thrilled with it, but we both feel, now, that it was super beneficial.
I started by following a “plan” that I found online for how to do this and scrapped it when I realized it was too detailed. So, we ended up writing out what is important to each person in the family.
Then I found similar themes and color coded them.
After I did that, we realized that we are basically living out the Camp Eagle mission statement: Inspiring Christ-like change through outdoor adventure, authentic relationships, and biblical truth.
I adapted that and created our own using that as a “spine.”
So, here it is!
We believe that our mission is:
- To live out Biblical truth
- To have authentic relationships and love well
- To serve others
- To participate in and experience outdoor adventure
- To live a Wild + Free lifestyle (especially in our homeschool)
- To celebrate our individuality by pouring into our own passions
- To speak in a “life-giving” way to each other